Checkpoint Radio Official Rules
For Dreamhack Denver Ticket Giveaway
Checkpoint Radio (“Sponsor”) will conduct the Dreamhack Denver Ticket Giveaway (“Contest”), including on-air, online, text-based, and through Checkpoint Radio’s social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.), substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Eligibility. Unless otherwise specified, all Contest are open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number. Void where prohibited by law. Individuals age 13 to 17 may be eligible to participate in Contest with the approval of a parent or legal guardian, provided that the parent or legal guardian is a legal U.S. resident at least 18 years of age at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number. Unless otherwise specified, employees of Checkpoint Radio, its parent companies, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. An individual may win a Contest or Sweepstakes only once per six (6) month period unless otherwise specifically stated. Contest are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest or Sweepstake. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Contest Period. The Contest will begin Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 12pm PT and end Thursday October 19, 2017 at 3pm PT. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for all Contest. Winners will be drawn on or about 4pm PT on October 20, 2017.
4. How to Enter. Entry methods for the Contest is limited to Twitter and Facebook. To enter the Contest using Facebook you must 1) like the Checkpoint Radio Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CheckptRadio/), 2) like the Checkpoint Radio post for Dreamhack Denver 2017 on Facebook. To enter the contest using Twitter you must 1) retweet the Checkpoint Radio tweet on the Dreamhack Denver 2017 ticket giveaway and 2) follow @CheckptRadio. To be eligible entries must be received during the Contest Period listed above. One (1) entry per person is allowed via Facebook and one (1) entry per person is allowed through Twitter. However, a person may win only one (1) time in the Contest. Entry using multiple social media accounts by the same person is prohibited and is immediate disqualification. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected entries, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the social media identifier, email address or telephone number used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning social media identifiers and email addresses for the domain or social media website associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose social media identifier or email address is submitted as part of a Contest.
5. Winner Selection. Contest winners will be randomly selected by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole and exclusive discretion. Winners will be drawn on or about 4pm PT On October 19, 2017. The winning entrants will be contacted via private messaging in the social media platform used to enter the contest and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of Contest and the selection of potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within one (1) day of notification will result in disqualification.
6. Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner(s) will be notified by the social media platform used to enter the contest, after the date of random drawing. The potential winner(s) will be required to sign and return to sponsor, within one (1) day of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period will be deemed to have accepted the prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a contest prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. Prizes. Contest prize will be as specified by Sponsor. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a Contest prize depend on a number of factors, including but not limited to the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Contest Period and the number of people participating at any given time. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
8. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering a Contest, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules, the Office Rules of this Contest, and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to any Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor, Checkpoint Radio, and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in a Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in a Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
10. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded in any Contest become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
11. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify any Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with a Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with a Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in Maricopa County, Arizona; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona.
15. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained thirty (30) days after the conclusion of a Contest by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Sweepstakes Sponsor identified below.
16. Prize. One (1) pair, two (2) tickets, for three (3) day genral admission to Dreamhack Denver 2017 at the National Western Complex, 4655 Humboldt St, Denver, Colorado 80216 for October 20 through Sunday October 22, 2017. Fifty (50) pairs of tickets will be awarded. Winners must provide their own transportation to the event.
Estimated value of prize: $90.00 ($45.00 per ticket)
SPONSOR: Checkpoint Radio, 10041 E Sonoran Vista Cir, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 Attn: Contest Winners.